1. Our data promise to youWasted Talent is committed to respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care. We handle any personal date in line with the current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future. We have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your data when you send it to us, when we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you’ll find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers.
2. What personal data do we collect?Wasted Talent collects both Personal Data and Anonymous Data when you send us information or when you visit one of our websites. When we talk about Personal Data we mean any information that can identify you as an individual, such as your name and postal address. Anonymous Data doesn’t identify you as a person but it might be used in aggregate, for instance when you participate in a survey.
3. How do we keep it secure?Our staff training and procedures help our staff to understand what is required of them under their obligations to us, and also their responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other privacy legislation.
When we ask another organisation to provide a service for us – as is the case with Newsstand (who are the data processor in this instance) - we ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be transferred with the correct protection in place, as stated UK law.
The internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Wasted Talent shall not be responsible for unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent that we are required to accept such responsibility under the Data Protection Act 1998.
4. How do we collect and use your Personal Data?We collect your details when you register on one of our websites; subscribe to our magazines, app or service; correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; participate with social media functions on our website, enter a competition or promotion.
With regard to each of your visits to our websites we may automatically collect the following information:
a. Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
b. Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will always be transparent about how we plan to use your data so that you have the choice whether or not to give it to us.
If you give us your consent to send you further marketing messages we may contact you with carefully selected offers and promotions from ourselves or from our network of carefully selected partners, from which you may always opt-out or unsubscribe. It is not our practice to contact you if you have made it clear that you do not wish to hear from us about our products and services.
We may need to authenticate your identity to provide you with access to subscriber-only services. We might also send you surveys or invite you to enter a competition or receive a newsletter, for instance. If you do not wish to participate you may simply decline our invitations.
Our iPad, Android and other “apps” may collect user data, which we use to learn about our readers and improve our apps.
To understand how our “apps” are used we may use the service of App Annie Analytics or Google Analytics to provide us with anonymous statistical information about your use of our app(s).
We use this information for reporting purposes and to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show your ads on sites across the Internet. We may use the cookies relating to Google Analytics together with third party cookies to inform, optimise and serve ads based on a user’s part visits to our websites.
If you send in a comment, we may post it on our site or use it as a testimonial without mentioning your full name or publishing any information that would identify you. Others may be able to see your personal data if you post any information on our social media channels which we have no control.
Please take care when using social networking sites to which we may invite you to join that you do not disclose anything that you might later wish to retract.
There are times when we may be legally required to disclose your data in good faith where it is required by law or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us, or where we have a requirement to protect or defend the rights of Wasted Talent or any users of our servers. We will always ensure that those requesting the information have the legal right to do so.
a. To provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
b. For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and have often they visit our websites.
c. We use organisation to collect anonymous user information so they can analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors.
d. We and our advertisers may use statistical cookies to track who has seen an advert and clicked on it.
e. To show you adverts that you may be interested in and to control the number of time you see them and measures the effectiveness of the ad campaign.
f. We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preference for your media player. If we do not use them, it may not be possible for you to watch some video content.
8. Our AppsIf you use any of our apps on your mobile device we will process the following information:
a. Your location-You may decline this request, but this may mean that we cannot offer relevant services;
b. Your device ID, this will be processed automatically;
c. Your email address, if you create an account;
d. Your age and gender, if you provide it.
9. Opting Out on Receipt of Email Marketing CommunicationsIf you receive a marketing email from us, you will have the option to “opt-out” by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each and every message we send you.
10. Marketing to ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 for marketing purposes.
11. Using our websites from outside the UKOur servers are situated in the EEA and when you submit your details and in whichever country you are situated you agree to the data being transferred to the EEA and processed under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (ECDirective) Regulations 2003 which stem from European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC respectively. If you are not in agreement please do not add your personal details on the website.
12. How you can gain access to the personal data we collect about you?Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to see what information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any changes that you consider necessary to make the information accurate. If you want to apply to see the data we hold about you, please write to Wasted talent, 90-92 Pentonville Road, London, N1 9HS.
We will require that you satisfactorily identify yourself to demonstrate your entitlement to view this data.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Officer and will be responded to within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the response you should refer your complaint to the ICO https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on this website. It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions each time you use this website. Your use of this website will signify your acceptance to adhere to these terms and conditions.